Question:
first time guitar whitch on to get?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
first time guitar whitch on to get?
Two answers:
2011-12-09 12:39:38 UTC
I would recommend the fender squier!
Norm Jones
2011-12-09 14:17:12 UTC
Hello there,

The Yamaha is not bad. Pretty close to the Squier in quality. But I would suggest the Squier. The Squier is a Fender product and most of the parts are somewhat interchangable. That is not the case with the Yamaha. Lets say you crack your neck and want to buy a replacement neck. There are lots of Squier necks available. Fender necks will fit also. So will all those Fender licensed brands. But the Fender necks will not fit on a Yamaha. The heel is a different shape. If you want to do something as simple as change the pickguard it is a problem with the Yamaha. The dimensions are different on the Yamaha pickguard. A Fender pickguard will not fit. There are lots of companies that make pickguards for Fender Strats. Many different colors. Many different graphics. Those will fit on a Squier. The mounting screw holes may not all line up, but that is not a problem. The pickguard will still fit on the Squier. With a Yamaha you must use only a Yamaha pickguard (black or white). For that reason I suggest the Squier. If you ever want to change parts on it, that is not a big problem.

Later,